We are committed to helping promote and protect the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental delays or disabilities. The Arc Alliance is on the front lines in advocacy in conjunction with our national chapter.
- Working to ensure that health care reform legislation helps adults with disabilities get the supports they need to remain independent
- Expanding the federal hate crimes law to protect people with disabilities
- Creating incentives for states to serve people with disabilities in the community, not in costly, segregated institutions.
and make your voice heard. Sign up to receive alerts so that you can take immediate action on issues and on where we need it most.
Read Our Blog
The official blog of The Arc Alliance aims to accomplish three things:
- To provide real-time information on the issues surrounding people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other topics The Arc Alliance cares about.
- To create a starting place for discussion (both online and offline) centered around the issues that the intellectual and developmental disability community want to talk about.
- To give you all the information you need to help promote and protect the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively support their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.